Assignment Tracker

Assignments Calendar

Unwrapping UVs - Issue



Visit Wolfman Art


I wanted to ask a question that has to do with the fundamentals of figuring out how the "Automatically Flatten UVS" modifier after rendering to texture presents your UV info accurately, but if you then select your Unwrap UVW modifier, you are getting just a corner of this very large UV info. I am trying to wrap my head around why that is. If my Render to Texture settings had something to do with this, below is a screenshot of those settings for you to take a look. The other two screenshots show the UV info as a result of the two modifiers: 1) when applying the "Automatically Flatten UVS" modifier with Render to Texture and 2) applying the UVW unwrap modifier afterwards.






1) "Automatically Flatten UVS" - UV Editor (after Render to Texture)













2) "UVW Unwrap" - UV Editor (stacked on top of "Automatically flatten UVS")









this seemed important to me based on my struggles in getting ID Maps in Substance. Someone pointed out that the aforementioned "UV Editor" that I stacked on top of "Automatically Hide UVs" modifier revealed that problem in Substance where I was finding only one solid block of color; i.e., the unwrap was only grabbing one corner of the info. I am curious about why that is the case when UV editing or what setting causing the software application to do this.






Below are screenshots of my Render to Texture Settings:


:


Comments

WolfmanArtist - Popular Posts